“(Role)Model Salesmen – on Ties, Briefcases and Clichés”
First impressions count!
How important is a salesperson’s external appearance for professional success?
In the study “(Role)Model Salesmen – on Ties, Briefcases and Clichés”, we take a look at this issue in a variety of industries in both the B2B and B2C sectors.
- External appearance has an influence on the success or failure of a sales talk.”
- A salesperson’s external appearance depends on the sector.”
- Individuality vs uniformity – A salesman represents the culture of the company and not himself.”
- Every sector has its own laws governing the salesperson’s external appearance.”
Methods of acquiring data:
- qualitative expert workshops within the sectors (focus groups)
- quantitative online questionnaire
- Financial services
- Up-market consumer goods
- Wholesale and export trade